Welcome to the Official Web Site of Melton Mustafa
26th ANNUAL MELTON MUSTAFA JAZZ FESTIVAL WEEKEND
“Continuing the Legacy of Jazz”
The Melton Mustafa Jazz Festival celebrates 26 years of providing the best in Jazz in South Florida. Get ready to have an amazing time!!!
- MSM Arts, Inc.
- Host Sponsor: The Black Archives History & Research Foundation of South Florida, Inc.
DATES: February 23 – 26, 2023
The Black Archives Historic Lyric Theater
812 NW 2nd, Avenue, Miami, FL 33136
- Tickets: CLICK HERE
- Donate: CLICK HERE
- Sponsorship information & other details visit: www.meltonmustafajazzfestival.com
Please help us to maintain a safe event by wearing your mask, keeping a safe distance 6ft and by following the suggested guidelines given by the CDC.
- Masks are suggested.
- All seating will follow social distancing guidelines (unless tickets were bought in a family bundle).
- Temperature checks will be administered at the door.
Melton Mustafa-Trumpet player extraordinaire, arranger/composer, producer, and educator. Melton has performed with some of the top names in JAZZ including the Count Basie Orchestra, Duke Ellington Orchestra, Woody Herman Orchestra, Bobby Watson, Jaco Pastorius, George Cables, John Hicks, Charlie Mingus Dynasty, and Gunter Shuller, among many others. Mustafa has played in many of the international Jazz Festival which include the Playboy Jazz Festival, North Sea Jazz Festival, Ravina Jazz Festival, SS Norway Jazz Festival, Montreal Jazz Festival, Lugano Jazz Festival (Italy), Pori Jazz Festival, Charlie Mingus Epitaph Orchestra in Russia and many others. [ READ MORE ]
Zaki Publishing, Media & Entertainment Group, LLC.
- Purchase of Melton Mustafa’s Small and Big Band Recordings
- Printed Original compositions of Melton Mustafa
- Copyright and music preparation
Teaching Music through Performance in Jazz – Volume 2
Teaching Music through Performance in Jazz, Volume 2 is the much-anticipated successor to the acclaimed first book in this series, providing insights of today’s top jazz educators and performers as well as invaluable analyses of the best repertoire published for jazz ensembles, from developing to advanced levels.