Home » 2019 Jazz Festival
22nd ANNUAL MELTON MUSTAFA
JAZZ FESTIVAL WEEKEND
“CONTINUING THE LEGACY OF JAZZ”
February 22-24, 2019
Black Archives Historic Lyric Theater
819 NW 2nd Avenue | Miami, FL 33136
Jazz Fest Commercial – Listen Now
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
LIVE JAZZ AND SPOKEN WORD SHOW
Date: February 22, 2019
Time: 7:00PM Doors Open | 8:00PM Show Starts
Live Jazz and Spoken Word Hosted by Quick Da Poet featuring The Brent Charles Band, Elaina Worley, Analogy, Red Writing Hood.
- General admission: $20 | VIP $30
- Tickets at the door: $25 | VIP $35
WORKSHOPS/MASTER CLASSES/COLLEGE ALL-STAR CONCERT (7AM-9PM)
Date: February 23, 2019
7:00AM- 5:00PM: Jazz Workshops/Featured band performances
Information for Band Directors
Thanks for being a part of the 22nd Annual Melton Mustafa Jazz Festival. We are very excited about your band participating and cannot wait to hear them. In this email we have attached the festival schedule along with some other important information. Each student, is expected to govern themselves accordingly and will be asked to leave if they display any inappropriate behavior. Students must be chaperoned at all times.
Attire for Concert: Jazz Band Uniform or formal suit or dress
WORKSHOP REGISTRATION FEES:
- Individual Participants: $20.00 (for adults or students not enrolled in school.)
- School Group: $200.00 (with a maximum of 25 students, 1 band director, 2 chaperons.
- Each student above the 25 maximum must pay $10.00 registration student ID required.
REGISTRATION PAYMENT OPTIONS:
Online Payment: CLOSED
Mail in Payment:
Please make check or money order payable to: MSM Arts Inc., and mail to:
MSM Arts Inc.
PO Box 552508
Miami Gardens, FL 33055
Please call Melton Mustafa 305-308-5454 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm your participation. Forms may be returned by fax: 305-628-8979 or scan and e-mail to email@example.com.
6:00PM – 8:00PM: College All-Star Jazz Concert featuring Broward College – Special guest Artist – The Tico Rosenberg Gypsy Jazz Band
Tickets: General admission – $20
RED CARPET & MELTON MUSTAFA JAZZ FESTIVAL CONCERT
Date: February 24, 2019
- 5:00PM: RED CARPET
- 6:00PM: Melton Mustafa Jazz Festival Concert featuring Virtuoso Bassist Curtis Lundy, The Incredible Vocalist Brianna Thomas, International Saxophonist Godwin Louis, The acclaimed Tap Dancer Marshall Davis Jr., The Legendary Melton Mustafa Orchestra, The Point of View Jazz Band directed by Harvey Lockhart and Mr. Bebop Saxophonist Jesse Jones Jr.
- General admission: $35 | $40 | VIP $50
- Tickets at the door: $40 | $45 | VIP $55